10. NFP unravels the mystery of the woman. NFP gives both spouses an understanding of the changing hormones of the woman and how that impacts not only her fertility but also her energy and moods.
9. NFP is health conscious. NFP does not harm the body. It poses no risks of cancer, cardiovascular disease, vision changes, weight gain, sporadic bleeding or depression.
8. NFP has planning prowess. Because you know when you are fertile you can truly plan for each pregnancy and birth. No guess work. This is so important for couples who are having difficulty conceiving.
7. NFP is a “both and” system. You can use NFP both to avoid and achieve a pregnancy. It allows you the freedom to choose which is best for you cycle by cycle. And it is good not only for your body, but also for your minds and spirits. It is marriage insurance.
6. NFP is a communication machine. Nothing is taken for granted when a couples uses NFP. As we often say, if a couple can discuss cervical mucus and decide how to handle it, they can certainly discuss the check book balance and how to handle that.
5. NFP teaches marital intimacy. When a couple practices NFP, they learn to love both within and outside of the marital act. A husband who knows his wife’s cycle is more able to love her without expecting something in return. Because there are no chemical or latex barriers used in NFP, the couple can truly give themselves completely to each other. This enhances the romance!
4. NFP encourages Christ-like love. Every spouse wants to experience total, faithful and fruitful love. NFP sets the stage for this. It is true that couples who practice NFP practice chastity and make decisions to forego physical intimacy for a few days if they are choosing to avoid a pregnancy. But, in that sacrificial giving, the couple learns how to serve each other and, ultimately, God.
3. NFP is open to life. Couples practicing NFP experience the joy and awe of conception, pregnancy and child birth. They have a deeper understanding of children as a supreme gift from God to them. And they have a greater commitment to be responsible parents.
2. NFP is Pope – ular. NFP is the morally upright teaching of the Catholic Church. The Church teaches that NFP is the only way to plan a family because it honors how we were made. NFP unites family to marriage.
1. NFP is green. NFP promotes good health. It doesn’t pollute the human body or our earthly environment. It enhances self discipline in all walks of life. It follows natural law as well as natural moral law.
Based on a talk given by Gina and Joe Loehr of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee - used with permission.